Are you considering selling your home in the Reno, Nevada area? Learn how to set your home apart to sell easier in Reno Nevada because you’ll most likely have some competition. It may require some work up front, but a little work can get your house sold quickly in the long run! Here are some great tips on how to distinguish your home and set your home apart to sell easier in Reno Nevada when you’re ready to sell in Reno Nevada.
Address The Senses
Potential buyers will subconsciously use all five senses to decide whether or not to make an offer on your home. Obviously, you’ll want to visual impressive potential buyers, but you’ll also want to think about what these potential buyers will hear, smell, taste, and touch.
- What they hear… During open houses, play background music. Play something more current if you live in a younger, trendy neighborhood. If it’s an older neighborhood, it can be a great choice for classic, big band, etc
- What they smell…You don’t want fragrances to overpower your home. Some people may be sensitive to smells, and before they see your home, you don’t want to drive anyone away. Consider fragrances that are universally attractive with that in mind. Everyone loves bread or the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Or if you choose to use a candle or an incense, keep your fragrance light and mild. Vanilla or Citrus are popular choices for quest. Try to stay away from lavender as it is often too strong for some individuals.
- What they taste… The smell of cookies or fresh bread, as mentioned above, is universally attractive. You may have some cookies baking together with some other light but delicious hors d’oeuvres. People may not remember your crown molding color, but they’re going to remember the best brownie they’ve ever had.
- What they touch… your potential buyers may not physically touch many items in the home, but the things they do touch shouldn’t feel dirty. make sure all of the surfaces that are commonly touched are clean.
Make it A Party Instead of Another Boring Open House
So many open houses are all the same. And the odds are, your potential buyers have been to a few of these already. Consider making it more of a BBQ by hosting it in the afternoon or cocktail party by hosting it in the evening. This will not only be memorable to your guests, but it will allow them to get a sense of what living in the home will really feel like.
Entertaining friends, serving great food and creating so much fun within the home, that people don’t want to leave is a great way to sell your Reno Nevada home fast!
Focus on Your Curb Appeal
The exterior of your house will determine whether or not people even walk into your home. You’ve likely heard the phrase, “don’t judge a book by its cover,” but when it comes to home buying, this is often the case. This is your first impression and the first opportunity to make buyers fall in love with your home.
- Mow the lawn, weed the garden and keep it regularly maintained.
- Paint if necessary. By doing the work yourself, you will save a ton of money and completely revitalize a worn out facade.
- Repair cracked sidewalks and porches and tend to any boards that may have popped up.
- Make sure the furniture is clean, rust free and flows with the exterior of the home.
- Fix your fixtures. Mailbox, door knobs, address numbers should all look clean and bold.
Don’t Take It Personal…
Yes, you want to make your home feel like a home…inviting and cozy. But if people come face to face with your Grand Canyon vacation pictures on the fridge, or see a stack of your paperwork on the desk, they are going to feel as if they are intruding. Pick up the clutter and personal items and hide it all away while buyers are in your home.